Author Topic: Just Curious...  (Read 22744 times)

hitmanson

Just Curious...
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:43:09 PM »
Sorry for me just finding out, but your base was Florida at one time..What made you move  to Colorado?  Fl. seemed like the model mecca.

Offline JimmyStephans

• Administrator
Re: Just Curious...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:09:29 AM »
Thats not exactly correct - This has always been a Colorado based company.

January 2005 we opened a studio in Florida that we kept exactly 6 years - but never cut the Colorado roots.

We closed that studio for a couple of reasons - the biggest of which was employees. Its just a different work ethic down that way and we consistently had issues with people showing up on time, showing up in "bad shape", or when showing up not putting in a full effort.

We took to calling it "Jerry Springerville" after all the years of dealing with crazy stuff and the helpers bringing their crazy life issues into the building. A lawyer friend of mine calls it "Flori-DUH"... and he moved out of there too.

Cool places to shoot there.

Lots of cute girls because its a huge state.

Decent shooting weather year around in most parts.

But, after 6 years it just got to be too depressing to go there on a regular basis (1-2 months at a time) so I gave up and closed that building.

The only real reason I go back and forth now is that we haven't been able to liquidate certain properties I invested in. It just makes sense to check on them and use them now and then. Week in March, Week in May, two weeks in November.

hitmanson

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:21:56 AM »
Thank you for answering my question. Now I know. :)

Offline Chuck S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:07:51 AM »
Don't let Jimmy fool you.  The only two reasons he comes back to FL are the models and the other Jimmy.   :thumbsup: